A Private Blog Network (PBN) can be an effective way to rank your website on the first page of Google, but only if you do it right! By choosing the right domains, hosting them with the best provider, and building links strategically, you can get real results from your PBN. In this guide, I’ll take you through all the steps involved in setting up a PBN from scratch, so that you can get results quickly and effectively.
What Is PBN (Private Blog Networks)?
PBN is short for Private Blog Networks. It’s a network of websites that you own and control, used to build links back to your main money site to help it rank higher in the search engines. In order to set up a PBN, you’ll need to purchase PBN domains (Expired Domains), set up PBN hosting, and then add content and links to your PBN sites. You can either outsource this process or do it yourself. There are benefits and risks associated with setting up a PBN, so be sure to do your research before getting started.
PBN Links Vs PBN Builds
PBN links are usually much cheaper than PBN builds. PBN hosting providers offer PBN links in bulk and they can be found for as little as $10 or even $1 per link. However, PBN builds are more expensive. They can cost anywhere from $500 to $5,000 per site. But, if you’re looking for the most benefit from your PBN, you should build it yourself.
Related Reading : What Is Semantic SEO
How To Build Private Blog Network (PBN Setup Guide)
Step 1: Buy Hosting
- Their IPs are blacklisted from Google (Indexation Isn’t Guranteed)
- Bad IP neighborhood which is used in spammy activities across the web.
- Cheap hosting doesn’t provide dedicated IP for each PBN domain hosted.
- Server resources are low and your website most of time will return 502 Bad Gateway or 504 Gateway Timeout.
- Googlebot will find difficulties to crawl and index the website due to crawl budget.
Related Reading : Dofollow Vs Nofollow Backlinks
Step 2 : Get WordPress Installed
The next step is to get WordPress installed on your PBN domains. You can do this manually, or you can use a WordPress hosting service. I recommend using a hosting service because it will be faster and easier in the long run. Also, using WordPress Hosting Service for your PBN domains will be beneficial and scalable in the long-run too.
Using features like WordPress Multi-Site which allows you to control and montior all of your PBN domains. And keep track of your outgoing links to the main website, PBN internal linking, the content published on the domains, and many more. Also, make sure to install minimal and simple responsive theme for the Core Web Vitals score.
Step 3 : Get Started With Keyword Research
The first step in building your PBN is to understand what keywords you want to target. Keyword research can be overwhelming, but there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, think about the products or services you offer. What terms would someone use to search for what you offer? Second, consider your competition.
What keywords are they targeting? You can use tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Moz Keyword Explorer to help with this research. Finally, make a list of the keywords you want to target. Once you have your list, it’s time to start building your PBN!
And do not link excessively using the exact anchor text you want to rank for. Just follow Anchor Text ratio best practices.
Related Reading : PBN Vs Guestpost
Step 4 : Create Your Post List
Step 5 : Backlink Your Main Website
Backlinking your site is one of the most important steps in setting up your PBN. By backlinking your site, you are essentially telling Google that your site is a high-quality, authority site that is worth linking to. This will help increase your search engine rankings and organic traffic. Here are the steps you need to take to backlink your site:
- Consider linking to your main website using 20% of your exact anchors
- Link to your money website using industry-related terms (Not Keywords)
- Also, consider linking to other sites rather than yours, for reference purposes (Wikipedia Is Good Example)
- Do not link from the first post your create on your PBN, rather than, let the posts to age. And then link from them.
- Adding related RSS feeds will help the overall PBN scheme and topical authority. For example, you just finished setting up Crypto PBN. Consider adding Crypto-related RSS feeds in the sidebar of your blog and so on.
ٍStep 6 : Manage Your Domain Name/s
Step 7 : Write Content On Each Site
Step 8 : Manage And Monitor Your Rankings
You’ve now reached the final stage of setting up your private blog network: managing and monitoring your rankings. By now, your network should be up and running smoothly, and you should be seeing some great results in terms of SEO. But there’s always room for improvement, and there are a few things you can do to keep pushing those rankings even higher.
- Use Cloudflare to hide server origin IP, so that each domain resolves into unique IP address.
- Also, ask your Hosting provider for dedicated IP addresses to use on your PBN Sites + Cloudflare DNS.
- Do not make any pattern. Google is smart enough to crack down on those blog networks. And it already happened in the past couple of years.
- Build your PBN smart and link wisely to your main website.
- Fine-tune your network by categorizing it based upon the history of each domain. So that eventually, you will find your PBN is categorized into meaningful topics.
Frequently Asked Questions About PBN Setup
Are PBN backlinks good?
PBN links are a great way to increase the rankings of your website and boost the SEO efforts overall. By setting up a PBN, you can get high-quality backlinks from websites that are already popular and have high PageRank. This will help your website rank higher in search engines and get more traffic.
However, setting up a PBN can be time-consuming and expensive. You need to buy domains, set up hosting, and create content for each site in your network. If done correctly, though, a PBN can be a powerful tool for boosting your website’s SEO.
How do I know if I have PBN links?
PBN links are usually high quality and have a high PageRank. If you’re not sure if you have PBN links, check your backlink profile using a tool like Majestic or Moz’s Open Site Explorer. PBN links will typically have either the rel=nofollow or Sponsored tag. If you see either of these tags, it’s likely that the link is part of a PBN.
How does PBN work for SEO?
A PBN is a network of websites that you own and control, which you use to build links back to your main money site. By building links on sites that you own and control, you can increase the link juice flowing back to your site, giving your SEO efforts a boost.